I have insanely sensitive skin. A lot of face products make my skin break out or swell up, which is not fun. I was looking for something healthier for my skin that not only takes my makeup off, but also cleans its because this is something I can do in bed. I’m always looking for easy shortcuts to my nightly routine. I made these with my mom and sister a few summers back and I have been converted! These wipes are amazing and cheap to make.
- Small Mason Jar
- Lid (these are the ones I use because they are easy for screwing on and off)
- Cotton pads (these are nice because they don’t dissolve and have a scrubbing side)
- 1-2 pumps Cetaphil daily facial cleanser (gentle and powerful stuff!)
- 3 drops Lavender essential oil- calms skin and redness
- 3 drops Orange essential oil- brightens skin
- 3 drops Tea tree oil- treats acne and impurities
- 1 TBSP Organic coconut oil
- 1-2 tsp Witch Hazel
First, make sure your mason jar and lid is well cleansed. You don’t want any bacteria in your jar because it can cause mold to grow.
Then boil hot water. Again, you want it sterile. Next, melt 1 TBSP of coconut oil and mix this with ¼ cup of the boiled water and pour this in your jar.
Add in 3 drops of each essential oil you have. Then mix in 2-3 pumps of face wash and 1-2 tsp of witch hazel.
Now just take your cotton pads and squeeze in as many as you can. You can fit about 1/2 of one sleeve into 1 mason jar. Add some more boiled water until all the pads are wet but not soaked (the water will absorb into the pads).
That’s it! Screw on the lid and store in the fridge upside down so all the pads at the top get well soaked and the solution evenly covers everything. Keep it in the fridge until it is cooled and then store your jar in the bathroom or by your bed (just make sure the room isn’t too warm)!
I use a pad every morning and every night. I scrub my makeup off with the bumpy scrubbing side and then clean my skin with the other side. Let your face dry and enjoy soft, clean and happy skin!